Cookies

Wednesday 2 November 2016

THE FUNNY SIDE OF LIVING IN DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS AT THE SAME TIME

In the last few months I noticed something odd. I had been practicing walking meditation and awareness of the Now. This means I am aware of everything I do and my surroundings. Yet at times I can’t find some of my things where I had put them. Then after a few days, it would just re- appear again, exactly where I remembered I had kept it. Since it has occurred often enough, I tried a new method to outwit it. For example I know I had put my pen in a box and when I opened the box, the pen is not there. Now what I do is to put my fingers into the box and feel around. Ok, I would then not feel anything. However after a few days when I re- open the box, there is the pen. This had happened so many times in different situations and different items that I just give up trying to explain. Sometimes it is even more bizarre- it need not take a few days to re- appear, sometimes as I turn around again, the stupid thing there right before my eyes. Now I want to relate a very scary episode but funny in the end. Walla, this is the Big Kahuna. I think nothing can beat this!!
I received a message that an amount of money in my Bank account was transferred to another person (Mr X) and if I didn’t make this transaction to inform my Bank immediately. Of course I was shocked as I don’t know the person! I quickly contacted my Bank to report the crime and it was confirmed that the transaction was done and advised me to make a Police report and they will lock down my account. I headed to the Police station and made the report. Here itself is a battle as our local Police is known to try and make it a difficult experience for many. Without going into the specifics, I made it clearly known to them that I will not leave the station until my report is lodged. I even had to talk with a higher ranked personnel via phone to make my stand. More time is wasted when the entire Police on duty that night had a long discussion among themselves and more phone calls to their superior were made. I was there close to 3 hours now, near midnight, and they were not successful to deter me to go to another Station to lodge my report as they think the crime happened outside of their jurisdiction. Finally they had to give in and made out the report. It was now way past midnight. Battle number 1 is over, now for battle number 2 with the Bank first thing in the morning, which is equally not friendly at all especially in such a case. I was the first to go into the Bank the next morning when it’s doors were open and went in straight to the Officer concerned and told him the entire story. While he was checking and proceeded to lock down my account, I received a phone call. The Bank HQ had made some investigations and they wanted to counter check with every detail because they managed to trace Mr. X. During the conversation, my memory came back. This is most embarrassing. The actual story is this – while in China, my friend had asked me to urgently transfer some money to a member of his family! He paid me the equivalent in Yuan on the spot. I now remember I did get the message from my Bank and Okayed the transaction! Now everyday while in China I had been drinking more than usual and having very late nights (like till 5.00 am) but wake up early the next morning for some programs we had. So, I had made a Police report against my own self!! Now I hope the Police will not come to arrest me. Thus if there is no further input by me here, you will know I am in deep trouble. OR NI TOR FOR.
…………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment