Cookies

Friday 24 June 2011

A PREDICTION

I am going to make some prediction but before I do so, I will need to talk about some very simplified, basic Chinese metaphysics first. What I am about to write will not make you understand even a tiny bit of Chinese metaphysics but at least you will not be lost completely. It is also to try demonstrate to you how the Chinese mind think and this I can vouch for you- it is very, very abstract! So let the talk begin!

First there are the 10 Heavenly Stems- (Think of these as Energies)


Jia(HS01) wood yang
Yi(HS02) wood yin
Bing(HS03) fire yang
Ding(HS04) fire yin
Wu(HS05) earth yang
Ji(HS06) earth yin
Geng(HS07) metal yang
Xin(HS08) metal yin
Ren(HS09) water yang
Gui(HS10) water yin

Then there are the 12 Earthly Branches-


Rat
Zi(EB01) water yang
Ox
Chou(EB02) earth yin
Tiger
Yin(EB03) wood yang
Rabbit
Mao(EB04) wood yin
Dragon
Chen(EB05) earth yang
Snake
Si(EB06) fire yin
Horse
Wu(EB07) fire yang
Goat
Wei(EB08) earth yin
Monkey
Shen(EB09) metal yang
Rooster
You(EB10) metal yin
Dog
Xu(EB11) earth yang
Pig
Hai(EB12) water yin

Thus with these, the Chinese almanac was formed, with energy distribution in terms of the 5 Elements and the Yin- Yang classification. Each Cycle is 60 years.
The next you need to know are the 6 Combinations – ie “Good”

1. Rat and Ox
2. Tiger and Pig
3. Rabbit and Dog
4. Dragon and Rooster
5. Snake and Monkey
6. Goat and Horse

The 6 Clashes are – ie “bad’
1. Rat clash Horse
2. Ox clash Goat
3. Tiger clash Monkey
4. Rabbit clash Rooster
5. Dragon clash Dog
6. Snake clash Pig

Now things are getting exciting. But I must admit these are not enough for one to even start calculating as more energy relationships and formulae are needed. However this is just to demonstrate to you how we do energy calculations.
The Chinese use two types of calendars- the Solar and the Lunar. For Chinese metaphysics calculations we use the Solar type. Lay people use the popular Lunar type. The art of Date Selection precedes the Han Dynasty ( 206 BC – 220 AD) but reaching its epoch during the time of Emperor Qian Long (1711-1799).
In my next posting, I will reveal my prediction on something based on BaZi calculations. This will be in the early part of next month of July, in fact by the 1st week, I hope I will remember to do so, otherwise do remind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment